Feeling Weightless

Being weightless is certainly the coolest thing I've ever experienced. I expected being in microgravity would feel tranquil like when you float under water. In fact, it was just the opposite! My entire body felt a very tangible 'buzz' that most likely stemmed from the physical sensation of falling and the adrenaline rush.



During one of the parabolas I let my cell phone float and twirl around in space. Due to this highly energetic feeling that you get from being weightless, however, I was convinced that as soon as I let my phone go it would fly away from me as if we were similarly oriented magnets. I was incredibly surprised when, instead of zooming away, it very gently floated away from my hand and floated around.



Being weightless certainly throws your brain for a loop. I quickly acclimated to being weightless and felt a pang of jealousy for astronauts who get to live in zero-G continually for weeks at a time. I hope to do it again someday.

-Joel Mueting

UASEDS Microgravity. Powered by Blogger.